Success for your Career
The master's degree program in Technical Management is an advanced degree program. Together, we build on your existing knowledge from the bachelor's degree and deepen this expertise. Regardless of which university you studied at, anyone with a suitable bachelor's degree can apply to the program. You will gain knowledge in the areas of technical skills. As well as in professionalization and business skills. The ideal way to prepare you for a leadership position. This is the optimal preparation for your future career. The program has a duration of three semesters and starts in the summer and winter semester.
Certificate of Dreaming
The program consists of compulsory modules in the core competencies already mentioned. You also have the option of taking elective modules. The courses are very practice-oriented. German courses and project work are offered.
The third semester is reserved for your master thesis and colloquium. You will receive a Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) degree. This degree is internationally recognized. In addition, the program is accredited by ZEvA (Central Evaluation and Accreditation Agency). This enables you to do a doctorate later on and is an excellent preparation for this.
The ideal university
Our university with its small campus lives from its personality. This is an ideal size, enabling your lecturers to get to know and support you personally. At the same time, you can pursue your academic interests and explore new fields of study without being distracted. This allows you to concentrate on your studies and enjoy your time with us.
Be Part of a Family
As a University of Applied Sciences, we offer many years of experience. This ensures that your studies are uncomplicated. Our coordination office Technical Management supports you in all student matters. It is also responsible for administrative support. With our targeted contact persons, your studies will be twice as much fun. Due to the English language, we have a very diverse group of students. A productive exchange is therefore guaranteed in every lecture.
Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
Period of study
Summer semester and winter semester
You need a bachelor´s degree in a technical or scientific field with at least 210 ECTS/CP (3.5 years full-time studies) or an equivalent diploma. If you have completed a three-year 180-CP program, apply anyway: We will support you in making up for the missing skills.
You should have professional experience in a relevant field of at least one year full-time or correspondingly two years part-time. Your strong English language skills must be certified (see information material "Regulations for Access and Admission").
Accredited by ZEvA (Central Evaluation and Accreditation Agency Hannover)
Faculty of Technology
Career perspectives for graduates of Technical Management are exceptionally positive and manifold. After graduation a wide range of excellent and rewarding career tracks are open to you as you have gained a unique set of technical and management skills during your studies which enhance the attractiveness towards prospective employers. Career prospects after graduation cover the following areas
• Quality Management
• Project Management
• Marketing and Product Management
• Process Management
Learn more about your possible career from our Alumni.
The 1 1/2 year master's study program consists of 90 credit points and is arranged in three semesters. The master's programm Technical Management combines technical skills with management expertise and complements with the highly essential professionalization in specific fields. You are able to join the program every semester.
The winter semester runs from September to January and the summer semester runs from March to July.
Within the first two semesters you will implement management functions in the field of technology and learn how to use and develop problem-solving strategies in a creative and souvereign way. The program offers as well elective modules which can be chosen as optional courses according to your interest.
Compulsory modules in the winter semester are:
- Computer Sciences 5 ECTS
- Introduction to Data Sciences 5 ECTS
- Business Management 5 ECTS
Compulsory modules in the summer semester are:
- Introductory Futures Studies for Engineers 5 ECTS
- Communication & Culture 5 ECTS
- Marketing 5 ECTS
Elective modules are offered in relation to the core competencies and vary by the semester. The module book gives a detailed insight into the modules.
- Advanced Project Management for Engineers 5 ECTS
- Controlling 5 ECTS
- ERP-Systems (SAP s/4 HANA/ERP) 5 ECTS
- Energy Engineering 5 ECTS
- Innovation Management 5 ECTS
- Digitalization and Automation 5 ECTS
- International Commercial Law 5 ECTS
- Leadership & Negotiation 5 ECTS
- Production Systems 5 ECTS
- Quality Management 5 ECTS
- Strategic Management 5 ECTS
- Modeling and Simulation 5 ECTS
- Simulation of Production Systems 5 ECTS
- MTM-Project 5 ECTS
The third semester is reserved for themaster's thesis and the colloquium. You can freely choose to prepare the master 's thesis at the university or in the industry with a combined supervison of a professor and an industrial supervisor. The university recommends the latter in most cases.
A German Language course is offered exclusively for students of Technical Management. In small groups, the language level is determined and courses are designed to enhance knowledge accordingly. The participation is optional, but we highly recommend to gain an adequate language level to increase future career perspectives.
In addition, factory visits and excursions as well as guest lectures are scheduled to amass knowledge on different aspects of work settings as well as intercultural features. The factory visit includes a presentation of the company's Human Ressource representatives the company itself and a Q&A session.
There are two ways to apply for the course:
- with an international and EU degree please apply via uni-assist
- with a German degree please register via the application portal
For your application you need to upload and send the following documents:
- Diploma (certified)
- Work certificates (either in form of a reference letter from your supervisor)
- English language test results (certified if necessary)
- German language test results (certified if necessary)
Applications will be forwarded to the Technical Management Coordination Office. As soon as we have received your application, you will receive a confirmation of receipt via e-mail.
If you do not receive an acknowledgement of receipt or if you have questions about your application, please send an e-mail to the Technical Management Coordination Office.
The APS is a joint institution of the German Embassy and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). It exists in China, Vietnam and India.
The APS checks the authenticity of educational biographies and the corresponding educational certificates, and issues certificates if the result is positive. For these countries, the APS certificate is a mandatory requirement for applying to a German university.
The APS certificate will be required for all students applying for a student visa to Germany. We therefore suggest students to complete the APS process prior to their application to keep processing times at a minimum
Deadlines for application
|Non EU||01.02. - 30.04.|
|EU||01.05. - 15.07.|
|Non EU||01.06. - 30.09.|
|01.12. - 15.01.|
- Module handbook
- Module Overview
- Student's handbook
- Accreditation document
- Notification of the successful completion of an assessment procedure in accordance with the Lower Saxony Study Accreditation Ordinance (Niedersächsische Studienakkreditierungsverordnung)
- Compensation for disadvantages
The total tuition fee per semester amounts 5.980,00 €. Detailed informationen on the composition of the tuition fees can be found in this overview.
Below you will find an overview of the most important aspects for pursuing the master's study program Technical Management:
- A degree in Master of Engineering (MEng) qualifies for a PhD position
- Small study groups promote practical learning, individual approach and personal support for the students
- High chances of getting a job in Germany after your studies (over 90% of the graduates started an employment relationship between 0 - 6 months after graduation)
- Intensive care for applicants, students and alumni. The Coordination Office Technical Management assists and guides you from your application, through your studies and after graduation in personal and study related issues.
- The course starts in the winter and in the summer semester.
- The duration of the course is only 3 semesters
- The course is purely English-speaking, but students can also take German-language courses as an option, thus intensifying the German language
- Differentiation of courses in 3 main directions (Professionalization, technology, economics)
- Focused on intensive teamwork, direct discussion with lecturers and students and individual approach to the needs and requirements of the students.
Your already acquired knowledge will be deepened by highly qualified expertise and thus you will increase your career prospects. The program also develops your social skills to ensure that you can take on leadership responsibilities. Reliability and success with regard to technical processes and products is another important aspect of the study program. You will also be able to scientifically work on complex and technically challenging problems using goal-oriented methods and to implement these in practical application using the acquired specialist knowledge.
With regard to your required knowledge, the Master's program in Technical Management pursues several goals. You are able to achieve additional qualifications in the following areas:
- Technical competencies; basic knowledge in the areas of technical processes
- Business skills; as well as an introduction to the basics of business administration, law and various aspects of management
- Professionalization; expansion of social and personal competencies
Prospective students can aim for a successful career in management positions, for example in the following areas: project management, business administration and technological processes.
The Technical Management program is aimed at international students who would like to work in an international or multicultural context or who are looking for a position in an English-speaking working environment.
What requirements must be fulfilled to be admitted for the master's program Technical Management?
- gained a degree from a technical or natural scienfitic bachelor degree program with at least 210 ECTS/CP or an equivalent diploma. Note: If you graduated in a three years program with 180 ECTS/CP, you would need to compensate missing ECTS with additional courses during your study.
- 1 year full time work experience in an industry (internships do not count). Incomplete applications or applications which were not submitted in the correct form or on time, cannot be considered.
- Proof of English language skills (certified)
Will my application be accepted if it reaches after deadline?
No, the deadline will be the latest date for incoming applications. No exceptions will be made.
Should I enclose recommendation letters from my current university?
No, this is not necessary. Only letters showing work experience after graduation are necessary.
What is the latest date to transfer my tuition fee?
If you start in March, the tuition fee should be transfered before beginning of February. If you start in September, the tuition fee should be transfered before beginning of August.
Does an internship count as work experience?
An internship does not count as work experience. You need at least one year of professional work experience in an industry. Incomplete applications or applications which were not submitted in the correct form or on time, cannot be considered.
Can you keep me updated on my visa procedure?
Unfortunately, we cannot keep you updated on your visa procedure, as the university itself has no influence on the administration of visa applications. You can get information via the embassy or the German foreign registration office.
Do I have to obtain German skills previous to my arrival in Germany?
You do not have to obtain German language skills previous to your arrival in Germany. German language courses are offered on campus.
Do I have to apply for a health insurance?
International students studying in Germany are required to show proof of a proper health insurance. If you do not have international health insurance that is valid in Germany, it is indispensable to become informed about options for applying for governmental health insurance. Please note that governmental health insurance is valid only for those under 30 years old. Students who are over 30 are required to have private health insurance.
How can I find an accommodation?
You have the possibility to apply for a room in a student dormitory before your arrival. You can find more information directly via Studentenwerk Oldenburg. The Coordination Office will also support you in finding suitable accommodation.
Do you offer scholarships?
The University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer offers different scholarships. You can get detailed information via the university's scholarship site.