Under the TAH program, employees and students of the University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer may install and use the Matlab/Simulink software and numerous toolboxes with a personal single-user version. This permission applies to every notebook, laptop and PC used solely by you. The Matlab Academic Online Training Suite also provides free training for users.
The software can be used (after one-time activation) without any further connection to the university network and is available for all common platforms (Windows, OS/X and Linux). During the installation the license conditions of Matlab are displayed. These must be carefully taken into consideration.
Access to the portal
Access the MATLAB portal via Shibboleth with the university account. Then create a Matlab account using your university email address.
Download the installer
- Access the MATLAB portal of your university.
- Select 'Starten Sie noch heute‘ in the the section 'MATLAB herunterladen‘.
- Log into your MathWorks account associated with your university license. (Note: You may be asked to log in first with the registration information for the university).
- Click on the download button and download the current release.
- Select a supported platform and download the installer.
Installation and activation
- Start the installer.
- With the installer: Select ´Log in with a MathWorks Account´ and follow the installation instructions.
- Select the Academic - Total Headcount License named Individual at the appropriate place.
- Select the products you want to download and start the installation.
- After downloading and installing the products, the checkbox ´Activate MATLAB´ must be selected; click on ´Next´.
- Follow the instructions to activate MATLAB.
There is a simplified procedure for installation in training rooms / laboratories of the faculties. Please contact HRZ-Support.
Matlab is already included in the software distribution of the computer center.