This program aims to provide support to new international students before and during their studies at the university and to deepen the intercultural exchange on campus. Prospective international exchange and degree seeking students participating will receive support in intial practical questions and will get a good insight in the student life and daily life atmosphere in Germany.
The participation in the Buddy Program is free of charge!
Since the program is voluntary, you decide on the form and frequency of the get-togethers. However, it is desirable that you support your buddy in the following things:
- first student contact at the university
- support with arrival preparations (e.g. train connections)
- Pick-up service at Emden or Leer train station
- guidance to new acommodation in Emden or Leer
- explanation of renting and accommodation conditions
- shopping information in town (e.g. groceries, pharmacies)
- information about banks and cash machines in town
- guidance to the university and International Office on your first day
During the semester
- common activities in your free time
- support with language barriers
- meeting new friends at the university and in town
- common participation at the universitys´ events
- support in academic questions (e.g. exam registration, preparing reports and presentations, contact teachers)
- support with accommodation difficulties
Please note that we require a German language proficiency of B2 for international Buddies! Thus registration for Buddies is only possible at the German version of this website.