STIBET I Graduation Scholarship
STIBET I Graduation Scholarship for International Students of the University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer
The graduation scholarships of the STIBET I program are an initiative of the DAAD, funded by German Federal Foreign Office (AA). The scholarship is intended for enrolled non-native foreigners who wish to graduate from the University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer and need financial support during their graduation phase. In addition to good academic performances, it must be clear that a successful degree can be expected in 2023.
Eligible are International degree-seeking students who are about to start writing their Bachelor or Master thesis, with:
- Good academic achievements
- A successful degree, which is expected in 2023
- If applicable: maximum allowed monthly financial income (e.g. salary): 1.204€/brutto (information provided without guarantee; will be proofed individually)
Sunday, 16th April 2023
Application ONLINE (see below) inlcluding:
- CV with a current photo
- Current enrolment certificate from the University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer
- Current Transcript of records – issued by the examination office, incl. credit points and average grade
- Current reference letter from a professor at the University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer
- Copy of the completely signed application for admission to the final thesis
- Copy of passport
- Letter of Motivation (ca. 1 page) describing why financial support is necessary, which plans are pursued after graduation and when is the graduation expected
- Proof of salary, if applicable (e.g. certificate or contract - statement of account is NOT acceptable)
- Proof of voluntary commitment at the University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer, if applicable
*The details of the submitted datas are electronically stored and used in consideration of the GDPR by the University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer.
! ONLY COMPLETELY SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
- Critical selection criteria are: 1. previous academic achievements 2. financial need 3. volunteer at the University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer.
- Retroactive funding is not possible
- Students must be enrolled at the time the scholarship is awarded
- Students must reside primarily in Germany during their studies
- The final thesis should generally be written in Germany
- As the available funds are limited, not all applicants can be considered
- The scholarship is awarded by a selection committee
- Selected scholarship holders are required to submit a copy of the diploma at the International Office upon completion of their final thesis
Marina Gastmann - E-Mail: marina.gastmann(at)hs-emden-leer.de
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers (international) students the opportunity to find scholarships according to their individual field of study and study phase within the framework of a scholarship database.
Information on the scholarship database and other DAAD funding opportunities can be found here.
The Deutschlandstipendium was initiated by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and is aimed at students of all nationalities who can distinguish themselves with good performance and a special social commitment. In addition, personal background plays an important role in the approval of this scholarship.
The scholarship aims to promote talented young people in Germany in the future and support them in their academic goals.
Further information on the Deutschlandstipendium and current calls for applications or application deadlines can be found >>here.
In addition to the Deutschlandstipendium, the Emden/Leer University of Applied Sciences also offers the so-called Niedersachsenstipendium. This is a one-time tuition fee scholarship in the amount of 500 euros. These funds are provided by the state of Lower Saxony.
For more information on the Niedersachsenstipendium and the next call for applications, click >>here.
Scholarships of the initiative "Stipendium Plus - Begabtenförderung im Hochschulbereich" (Scholarship Plus - Support for Gifted Students in Higher Education) are aimed at highly qualified and responsible young academics who can meet the requirements of future leadership and responsibility.
More information on funding opportunities and requirement profiles can be found here.