- Characterisation and Quantification of antibiotic-resistant Bacteria in the envrionment
- Assessment and evaluation of different methods of wastewater treatment concerning the retention, removal or elimination of antibiotica resistant bacteria
- Investigation of microbial processes during aerobic and anaerobic treatment of wastewater (wastewater treamtent plants, biogas plants etc.)
- Physiological and ecological characterisation of microbial communities
- Metagenomic analyses for qualitative and quantitative description of complex ecological processes
Survival and pathogenicity of Clostridioides difficile in sewage, sewage sludge, surface water, animal manure, fodder, crops and silage - Treatment requirements to minimize health risks"
Improving process stability and kinetics of anaerobic biowaste digestion by promoting direct interspecies electron transfer (DIET) among syntrophic microbial consortia