If you want to easily exchange data with people who do not belong to the university, then certaintly you often try it via E-Mail. However, with large amounts of data, this method quickly reaches its limits. In this case Gigamove can help you.
- If you want to make large amounts of data available, you can save the data on Gigamove and send the link to the data via E-Mail.
- If others want to make large amounts of data available to you, you can provide an upload place on Gigamove and send the link to this place by E-Mail.
So you can exchange large amounts of data without burdening the mail system and your mail account.
- For each link it is possible to upload or download only one file at a time, which can have a maximum size of 2 GByte.
- You can store a maximum of 10 GByte of data per account.
- The data and the link will be deleted after 14 days at the latest. You can also set a shorter deadline.
- The data is exchanged over a server of the RWTH Aachen University, an access takes place over a web interface and is therefore only conditionally safe. So do not use this service for confidential data or encrypt the files in advance.