Information for the winter Semester 2020/21
In close cooperation with the Lower Saxony Ministry for Science and Culture, the University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer decided to suspend all attendance courses at the campus from March 13th, 2020, for the time until April 19th, 2020. This is purely a precautionary measure to contain the spread of the coronavirus and to interrupt chains of infection.
However, the winter semester 2020/21 will underlay to regular traffic according to current information and we will be happy to welcome you then.
Applications and inquiries will continue to be processed by the Coordination Office Technical Management.
Master Program Technical Management
The Master's Program in Technical Management is a continuing education program. You will gain detailed knowledge in the areas of technical skills, key qualifications, and business management skills, and prepare yourself for management positions. There are compulsory modules of the core competencies mentioned above, and you can choose additional elective modules from other courses of study.
Your degree will be a Master of Engineering, which is internationally recognized and accredited by the ZEvA (Central Evaluation and Accreditation Agency). This solid background will also prepare you to pursue a doctorate. The accreditation assures and validates both, highest standards in teaching and studying and an internationally acknowledged degree.
Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
Period of study
Summer semester and winter semester
You need a bachelor´s degree in a technical or scientific field with at least 210 ECTS/CP (3.5 years full-time studies) or an equivalent diploma. If you have completed a three-year 180-CP program, apply anyway: We will support you in making up for the missing skills.
You should have professional experience in a relevant field of at least one year full-time or correspondingly two years part-time. Your strong English language skills must be certified (see information material "Regulations for Access and Admission").
Accredited by ZEvA (Central Evaluation and Accreditation Agency Hannover)
Faculty of Technology
Career perspectives for graduates of Technical Management are exceptionally positive and manifold. After graduation a wide range of excellent and rewarding career tracks are open to you as you have gained a unique set of technical and management skills during your studies which enhance the attractiveness towards prospective employers. Career prospects after graduation cover the following areas
• Quality Management
• Project Management
• Marketing and Product Management
• Process Management
Learn more about your possible career from our Alumni.
The 1 1/2 year master's study program consists of 90 credit points and is arranged in three semesters. The master's programm Technical Management combines technical skills with management expertise and complements with the highly essential professionalization in specific fields. You are able to join the program every semester.
The Winter Semester runs from September to January and the Summer Semester runs from March to July.
Within the first two semesters you will implement management functions in the field of technology and learn how to use and develop problem-solving strategies in a creative and souvereign way. The program offers as well elective modules which can be chosen as optional courses according to your interest.
Compulsory modules in the winter semester are:
- Computer Sciences 5 ECTS
- Applied Statistics 5 ECTS
- Business Management 5 ECTS
Compulsory modules in the summer semester are:
- Introductory Futures Studies for Engineers 5 ECTS
- Communication & Culture 5 ECTS
- Marketing 5 ECTS
Elective modules are offered in relation to the core competencies and vary by the semester. The module book gives a detailed insight into the modules.
- Advanced Project Management for Engineers 5 ECTS
- Computer Aided Geometric Design (CAGD) 5 ECTS
- Controlling 5 ECTS
- ERP-Systems (SAP s/4 HANA/ERP)5 ECTS
- Energy Engineering 5 ECTS
- Innovation Management 5 ECTS
- Intelligent Automation 5 ECTS
- International Commercial Law 5 ECTS
- Leadership & Negotiation 5 ECTS
- Production Systems 5 ECTS
- Quality Management 5 ECTS
- Strategic Management 5 ECTS
- Modeling and Simulation 5 ECTS
- TM-Project 5 ECTS
The third semester is reserved for themaster's thesis and the colloquium. You can freely choose to prepare the master 's thesis at the university or in the industry with a combined supervison of a professor and an industrial supervisor. The university recommends the latter in most cases.
A German Language course is offered exclusively for students of Technical Management. In small groups, the language level is determined and courses are designed to enhance knowledge accordingly. The participation is optional, but we highly recommend to gain an adequate language level to increase future career perspectives.
In addition, factory visits and excursions are scheduled to amass knowledge on different aspects of work settings as well as intercultural features. The factory visit includes a presentation of the company's Human Ressource representatives the company itself and a Q&A session.
There are two ways to apply for the course:
- with an international and EU degree please apply via uni-assist
- with a German degree please register via the application portal
Deadlines for application
|Non EU||01.02. - 30.04.|
|EU||01.05. - 15.07.|
|Non EU||01.06. - 30.09.|
Information applications for the winter semester 2020/ 21:
Applicants with an international (non-EU) degree need to upload the application documents to UniAssist until April 30th, 2020.
Due to the current situation , your postal documents will also be considered in case of a late delivery.
|01.12. - 15.01.|
Below you will find an overview of the most important aspects for pursuing the master's study program Technical Management:
- A degree in Master of Engineering (MEng) qualifies for a PhD position
- Small study groups promote practical learning, individual approach and personal support for the students
- High chances of getting a job in Germany after your studies (over 90% of the graduates started an employment relationship between 0 - 6 months after graduation)
- Intensive care for applicants, students and alumni. The Coordination Office Technical Management assists and guides you from your application, through your studies and after graduation in personal and study related issues.
- The course starts in the winter and in the summer semester.
- The duration of the course is only 3 semesters
- The course is purely English-speaking, but students can also take German-language courses as an option, thus intensifying the German language
- Differentiation of courses in 3 main directions (key qualification, technology, economics)
- Focused on intensive teamwork, direct discussion with lecturers and students and individual approach to the needs and requirements of the students.
What requirements must be fulfilled to be admitted for the master's program Technical Management?
- gained a degree from a technical or natural scienfitic bachelor degree program with at least 210 ECTS/CP or an equivalent diploma. Note: If you graduated in a three years program with 180 ECTS/CP, you would need to compensate missing ECTS with additional courses during your study.
- 1 year full time work experience in an industry (internships do not count). Incomplete applications or applications which were not submitted in the correct form or on time, cannot be considered.
- Proof of English language skills (certified)
Will my application be accepted if it reaches the university after deadline?
No, the deadline will be the latest date for incoming applications. No exceptions will be made.
Should I enclose recommendation letters from my current university?
No, this is not necessary. Only letters showing work experience after graduation are necessary.
What is the latest Date to transfer my tuition fee?
If you start in March, the tuition fee should be transfered before end of February. If you start in September, the tuition fee should be transfered before end of August.
Does an internship count as work experience?
An internship does not count as work experience. You need at least one year of professional work experience in an industry. Incomplete applications or applications which were not submitted in the correct form or on time, cannot be considered.
Can you keep me updated on my Visa procedure?
Unfortunately, we cannot keep you updated on your visa procedure, as the university itself has no influence on the administration of visa applications. You can get information via the embassy or the German foreign registration office.
Do I have to obtain German skills previous to my arrival in Germany?
You do not have to obtain German language skills previous to your arrival in Germany. Language courses are offered on campus.
Do I have to apply for a health insurance?
International students studying in Germany are required to show proof of a proper health insurance. If you do not have international health insurance that is valid in Germany, it is indispensable to become informed about options for applying for governmental health insurance. Please note that governmental health insurance is valid only for those under 30 years old. Students who are over 30 are required to have private health insurance.
How can I find an accommodation?
The Studentenwerk Oldenburg provides accommodation in Emden. It is necessary to apply for it. Process time depends and takes around 4-10 months. The Coordination Office Technical Management will do their best, to help you find a suitable accommodation. We have acquired some private contacts for accommodation, just get in contact with us