The aim of the sustainability Network of Universities in Lower Saxony (HochNiNa) is to promote exchange and cooperation between those responsible for sustainability at universities in Lower Saxony and to give them a common voice in order to expand sustainability at the state's universities.
In recent years, universities in Lower Saxony – also due to their different structures and resources – have set very different priorities and developed very different approaches to “sustainability and higher education”. The network wants to benefit from this diversity of expertise and ideas and offer a platform for exchange on specific issues as well.
The network is open to all universities in Lower Saxony and works in several thematic working groups supported by a coordination team, currently consisting of Anna Gerritzen (University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer), Irmhild Brüggen (Leuphana University of Lüneburg) and Marco Lange (University of Göttingen).
A network meeting is planned once a year at one of the participating universities. In June 2022 the annual conference was held at the Emden/Leer University of Applied Sciences.
The universities which currently participate are:
- Carolo-Wilhelmina Technische Universität Braunschweig
- Braunschweig University of Art
- University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer
- Georg August University of Göttingen
- Leibniz University Hannover
- Hannover University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- University of Hildesheim
- Leuphana University Lüneburg
- Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
- University of Osnabrück
- Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences
- University of Vechta
- Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences
- Jade University of Applied Sciences Wilhemshaven/Oldenburg/Elsfleth