Dual degree courses at the University of Applied Sciences
A dual degree combines higher education with a vocational training or with professional practice in a company. Anyone who chooses this type of study program must enroll at the university and also sign a contract with a company.
In the so-called training-integrated study programs, students who have successfully completed their studies obtain both a Bachelor's degree and a vocational qualification. The following study programs are offered at the Hochschule Emden / Leer:
- Business Administration
- Electrical engineering in practice
- Mechanical engineering and design combined in practice
- Engineering Physics in practice
Vocational integration courses
In addition, there are job-integrating study programs in collaboration with a company where the number of working hours in the company are reduced and compensated with lessons at the university. This type of study is possible in some programs if a company has a particular interest in promoting a co-worker. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact the student advisory service (contact details see right column).
In addition, the following special forms / cooperation models are offered:
- Business administration in cooperation with Volkswagen
- Interdisciplinary Physiotherapy / Motology / Occupational Therapy
Advantages in practice
... for the students
- Full university degree
- University degree and professional qualification for skilled worker
- Closer integration of theory and practice than in a classical university study
- Good job opportunities in partner companies
- Payment by the company during the entire study period
... for partner companies
- Recruitment of junior staff
- Young, highly qualified employees with practical work experience and precise knowledge of the company
- Reduced or no training time
- High identification with the company
- High motivation and efficiency
- Close cooperation between university and company
Prerequisite for the study in practice is at least the Fachhochschulreife and the conclusion of a contract with a partner company. Due to the high demands most companies expect from the applicants a minimum grade of their high school diploma.
Every company can become a partner in practice if it is willing to provide this training to an applicant.