- Characterisation and Quantification of antibiotic-resistant Bacteria in the envrionment
- Assessment and evaluation of different methods of wastewater treatment concerning the retention, removal or elimination of antibiotica resistant bacteria
- Investigation of microbial processes during aerobic and anaerobic treatment of wastewater (wastewater treamtent plants, biogas plants etc.)
- Physiological and ecological characterisation of microbial communities
- Metagenomic analyses for qualitative and quantitative description of complex ecological processes
Survival and pathogenicity of Clostridioides difficile in sewage, sewage sludge, surface water, animal manure, fodder, crops and silage - Treatment requirements to minimize health risks"
Improving process stability and kinetics of anaerobic biowaste digestion by promoting direct interspecies electron transfer (DIET) among syntrophic microbial consortia
Energetic process optimization and implementation of resource efficient wastewater technologies on municipal wastewater treatment plants