The MariGreen project is focused on the development of innovations for greener and low-emission shipping that will ultimately reduce the ecological footprint of the shipping industry.
The 12 sub-projects of MariGreen serve the development of innovative products and processes, in particular for the improvement of the environmental balance, but also for the perspective profitability and sustainability of shipping. The aim of the project is to prepare the maritime industry for the future requirements of environmental protection, climate protection and resource and energy efficiency in shipping.
The University Emden/Leer was involved in the following MariGreen subprojects.
- Methane catalyst for LNG engines
- Optimizing Vessel Condition
- Simulating transport in a collaborative co-modal and multi-objective logistic environment
- HEWIS – High Efficient Windfarm Installation System
- LNG Training Technologies