Best conditions for learning and living
The cost of living in a medium-sized city like Emden is lower for students than in the metropolitan areas. On foot or by bicycle, students travel quickly and inexpensively from the city center to the university. On the campus site, all important facilities for studying are given. Various sporting activities - especially in the area of water sports -, art, culture and a diverse pub scene provide a diversified leisure time for students.
The tuition fee charged for the study program Technical Management is 5650 EUR per semester.
The service contribution fee of about 320,15 EUR per semester is charged for studying at the HS Emden/Leer. It included the so-called "Semester Ticket", which entitles students to free-of-charge use of local public transport in Emden and vicinity and for train-riding to Hamburg, Hannover and Oldenburg for one semester (six months). The amount (+possible external bank transfer fees) has to be payed before the start of each semester.
Compared to other cities in Germany, the living expenses in Emden are rather low. In Berlin for example, the monthly living expenses amount appr. 833€, in Cologne appr. 893€ and in Munich even 902€.
The costs of living in Emden are less than in other German cities, but very often higher than in your home country.
Fee incl. Service Fee
5970, 15 EUR per semester
200 - 300 EUR per month
ca. 80 EUR per month
Total living costs
600 - 900 EUR per month
Upon arrival in Emden you need approximately 300 EUR and ca. 20 EUR in coins during the first three days to settle down.
- Degree: Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Short description: This Master´s degree course mediates detailed kowledge of technical and management processing. Students will be prepared to implement project management functions in the field of technology, and learn how to use and develop problem-solving strategies in a creative and sovereign way. The language of instruction is English.
- Type: Continuing education programm
- Standard Period of Study: 3 semester
- Department: Technology
- Place of Study: Emden/Germany
- Admission restrictions: yes
- Former NC (numerous clauses) or admission restriction: -
- Pre-Study Internship: no
- Entrance Requirements: a completed technical study as Dipl.-Ing. (FH, Dipl.-Inf. (FH), etc. or Dipl.-Ing. (UNI), etc. or Bachelor-Degree with 3,5 years of technical study (210 ETCS) and minimum one year full-time subject-related professional occupation. Attestation of knowledge of the English language proficiency.