Students from abroad from countries not belonging to the European Union, will most likely require a national visa for their stay at German universities.

More Information you will find at the official pages of the German Federal Foreign Office:

Visa regulations/Federal Foreign Office 


If you want to know if a visa is needed for your country, please see following link:

Federal Foreign Office: List of countries whose citizens require/do not requiere a visa to enter Germany


If you have more detailed questions please have a look at our local Aliens Office:

Bürgerbüro Stadt Emden: Frickensteinplatz 2, 26721 Emden